Requesting membership

Hi,

at DebConf I had some packaging workshop[1] where I usually ask the
audience what software that is not yet in Debian should be packaged.
The choice was gnome-kiosk which was suggested (and needed) by Mohammed
Sadiq (in CC).

In my workshops I'm stressing very much that newcomers should join
some team that fits their interests.  In the case of gnome-kiosk
the natural choice for a team would be Gnome team.  Thus I intended
to push the code created in the workshop to a new Git repository in
Gnome team.

My request to become a member on Salsa was not accepted yet so I'm
wondering whether I should contact someone who might want to know about
the reasons for joining.  I confirm my plan is just to get gnome-kiosk
pushed and help Mohammed to continue the work (as I promised him) to
finally make him a proper member of Gnome team since he wants to
maintain this package.

Can someone give me the right permissions (perhaps by creating an empty
repository gnome-kiosk - if I'm not mistaken this needs Maintainer
permissions which I do not need in future).

Kind regards
    Andreas.

PS: Please CC me since I'm not subscribed to this list.

[1] https://debconf23.debconf.org/talks/34-live-packaging-workshop/
    https://mirror.accum.se/pub/debian-meetings/2023/DebConf23/debconf23-262-live-packaging-workshop.lq.webm

--
http://fam-tille.de