Re: Some things are broken in unstable

Miklos Quartus <lista@miklos.info> writes:

> Hi Felix and list,

hello Miklos,

thanks for your reply.

> Really? It works for me in sid, no issues. I can change the background
> on the screen as well as the on lock screen. Can you tell more about
> your GNOME environment? Mine is:
>
> gnome-core 1:3.14+4
> gnome (not installed, I don't have full GNOME desktop)
> gnome-session 3.20.1-3
> task-gnome-desktop 3.34

I am using a x86_64 system with these versions:

gnome-core: not installed
gnome: not installed
gnome-session: 3.20.1-3
task-gnome-desktop: not installed

aptitude shows gnome-control-center has some unsatisfied dependencies.
Reinstalling it fixes the control center issue.

> It's a basic GNOME3 on 32-bit PC with sid kernel, default GTK+ theme.
>
>> - on-off-icon --> Tool icon (Prefs)
> Please help some, I don't where this is.

Now it works (see above).

So I have not installed GNOME3 properly. The question is: how did I
manage to do this? Do you want to analyse this or shall I just
"apt-get install task-gnome-desktop"?

Cheers and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter