Remove gnome-icon-theme and gnome-icon-theme-symbolic from the default installation

Hello,

ATM there are some applications depending explicitly against gnome-icon-theme or gnome-icon-theme-symbolic packages.

I think that these could be dropped from the default installation (I'm pretty sure that the cd team will be happy with that).

So the question is, are we simply dropping the icon theme dependency or are we replacing it with a dependency against adwaita-icon-theme (or maybe even adwaita-icon-theme | $some_provide)? The gnome-core metapackage already pulls adwaita-icon-theme.

I personally would drop all references to an icon theme (including adwaita-icon-theme) and let the metapackage pulls it

Any thoughts about this?

Laurent Bigonville