Re: Problem with nvidia driver and Gnome Backgrounds

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Johan Kröckel wrote:

> I am a little bit annoyed of bug #768896 and I am starting to suspect,
> that it could be another package which causes the problem.
> It seems, that the backgrounds are stored in memory, which is not
> powered over suspend and not refreshed after wakeup.
> I really want to help with this bug, but I dont know how. Do you have any ideas?

I'd suggest trying these things:

Try the noveau driver instead of the nvidia one. To switch you will
need to purge the nvidia drivers and reboot (I think).

Try older versions of the kernel and nvidia packages.

http://snapshot.debian.org/package/linux/
http://snapshot.debian.org/package/nvidia-graphics-drivers/

Try the troubleshooting info on the wiki:

https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers/Troubleshooting

A workaround might be:

Restart gnome-shell after resume; WindowsKey+R, type 'restart'
(without quotes) in the command-box, press Enter.

> ps: Please cc me, i am not subscribed.

Done, no need to CC me though.

--
bye,