Problem with the two audio devices

Hi,

since a couple of weeks, I have two audio devices to choose for audio
output. One is "Speakers" and the other is "Analog Output" (translated
from German). The problem is, that I have to switch very often between
the two of them, depending if I have my laptop in the docking station,
the headphones in or just using it as is -- one output will produce
output and the other will not.

Before, I never had to switch anything and it always worked. Is there a
way to tell Gnome (I suspect it is a Gnome issue since it started AFAIK
with 3.8 or 3.12) to combine the two, Or at least do something
automatically? From my point of view the laptop should have only one
output device.

Thanks and sorry if this is the wrong list.

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org