Re: bad experience with Gnome 3.8 on kFreeBSD

now, everything make sense.
so, what we really need is 3D acceleration running fine. I have hybrid cards and 3D acceleration not working here.

2013/10/18 Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org>
Am 18.10.2013 10:43, schrieb Robert Millan:
> On 18/10/2013 03:08, Bruno Melo wrote:
>> 6- Gnome Shell obviously can't run because kFreeBSD have not 3D
>> acceleration.
>
> That's not correct. kFreeBSD provides 3D acceleration and we even have
> confirmation of developers using it (e.g. Christoph).

If Christoph has working 3D support on his kfreebsd system, could he
install gnome-core (from sid) and test which bits work and which don't?

So far, the only feedback the Debian GNOME team has from kfreebsd users
(admittedly only 1 or 2 so far) is that GNOME Shell does *not* run on
kfreebsd.

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?