Re: Meta-gnome3 dependency on xul-ext-adblock-plus (Bug #689858)

Am 04.06.2013 11:40, schrieb Emilio Pozuelo Monfort:
On 04/06/13 11:29, Johannes Rohr wrote:
[...]
Until now, I had assumed, that the policy regarding Debian's GNOME desktop was
to closely reflect the official GNOME desktop as defined by upstream. I see that
the gnome metapackage is not totally strict on that, but still, most packages
which are not part of the official GNOME release are suggests or recommends, not
depends. Why this exception, for a package which isn't even based on the GNOME
platform?
IIRC, The GNOME web browser is epiphany. However the GNOME task (which we don't
maintain) doesn't install that in a default install, but installs iceweasel
instead. Therefore we switched the metapackage to match that and added adblock
because that's some important functionality that epiphany has by default.
task-gnome only recommends iceweasel. So I suggest that the dependency on adblock should also be lowered to recommends.

Thanks,

Johannes