Meta-gnome3 dependency on xul-ext-adblock-plus (Bug #689858)

Dear GNOME maintainers,

while I do use adblock plus with Iceweasel, it seems a bit arbitrary to me that the gnome meta package declares a dependency on it. Adblock plus is not part of the GNOME desktop. In addition, it pulls in iceweasel which also isn't. What is the rationale behind this decision?

Until now, I had assumed, that the policy regarding Debian's GNOME desktop was to closely reflect the official GNOME desktop as defined by upstream. I see that the gnome metapackage is not totally strict on that, but still, most packages which are not part of the official GNOME release are suggests or recommends, not depends. Why this exception, for a package which isn't even based on the GNOME platform?

BTW: I do keep on using adblock plus myself, however, there are some who dislike it since the developer has begun to generate revenues through paid-for exclusion from the filter lists for some types of ads. Therefore, as I understand, some people are now using different adblockers.

So I would suggest to at least lower the dependency to suggests, if not to drop it from the dependencies altogether.

Thanks,

Johannes