Re: gnome-calculator issues in GNOME 3.8

On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 20:36:02 +0200, David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>
wrote:

Hi David,

> On Sun, Apr 07, 2013 at 01:20:13PM -0300, Marcelo Santana wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Please does anyone know why gnome-calculator from experimental no
> > longer appear among gnome 3.8 applications?

I wanted to say after installing gnome-calculator 3.8 your icon doesn't
appear among gnome applications although I can run it via terminal.
Does it appear for you?

> > Another issue: it no longer provides advanced mode for scientific or
> > financial calculations.
>
> The advanced modes are still there.  You just need to locate where to
> change this.  And since all changes made by the GNOME developers are
> made to make things more intuitive and userfriendly I guess I don't
> have to tell you to look at the app menu in the top menu bar
> (you know the MacOS ripoff that totally isn't a MacOS ripoff, we
> promise).

I'm sorry I should have imagined this. :-/

Thank you so much.

--
Marcelo Santana (aka msantana) <marcgsantana@yahoo.com.br>
http://blog.msantana.eng.br | http://identi.ca/mgsantana