Re: The difficulty of contributing / volunteering

Hi Boruch,

Help is always highly appreciated.
I don't see the whole email thus I don't understand the reason for
getting discouraged.
I performed a quick search in my emails but I still don't have a clue. :-)
Please copy the whole conversation to put me in context if the problem
still stands.

Regarding meld I started maintaining it for the same reason (having
too old version in Debian), but nowadays I think the package is in a
pretty good shape.
The 1.7.0 version you see on PTS is a development release and is not
for wide redistribution [1].
1.6.1, which is in testing and sid is the latest official release.
In a few months Wheezy will become stable and for the meantime I did not
plan making a backport for Squeeze, but later I plan providing
up-to-date backports as well.

Cheers,
Balint

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-announce-list/2012-November/msg00006.html