Re: Fwd: GDM3 with systemd support doesn't shut down/restart system

Le vendredi 21 décembre 2012 à 09:08 -0200, Laércio Benedito Sivali de
Sousa a écrit :
> In order to use the multiseat support available in systemd-logind, I
> have recompiled gdm3 package with systemd support (options
> "--with-systemd" and "--without-console-kit" in debian/rules).
> Strangely, my GDM3 stops rebooting/shutting down my computer (when I
> click "Shut down" in greeter, nothing happens, and when I click "Shut
> down" inside a GNOME session, it only logs out).

GDM is probably trying to use the systemd mechanism to shut down,
instead of ConsoleKit. Even with systemd enabled, for wheezy it should
always use CK for the shutdown interface (this will change after the
release).

You need to patch this in the source.

I’m CCing darion Андрей who is also interested in multiseat support.

If you are willing to fix any such regressions (including those with
multiseat + user-switching that darion reported), and the patches are
light enough, it might be not too late to fix this for wheezy (although
it *is* late).

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette