Re: RFS: cinnamon and muffin

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 07:03:35PM +0200, Nicolas Bourdaud wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> 	I have prepared packages of Cinnamon and Muffin which are forks of
> respectively gnome-shell and mutter made by Linux Mint. Cinnamon have
> attracted a certain number of people which like it as a compromise
> between the Gnome 2 panel and Gnome shell experience.
>
> 	However I am myself only a DM and I am looking for sponsor to upload
> them into the Debian archive. I thought that I could find on this
> mailing list some DD that have experience of this type of package. ;-)
>
> If you are interested, please find the relevant RFS:
> muffin: http://bugs.debian.org/680544
> cinnamon: http://bugs.debian.org/680546

Interesting!  You don't happen to have any plans to package Nemo,
now with Nautilus 3.6 having been crippled :S  I've gotten used to
gnome-shell (though I still really grieve the loss of a 2-dimensional
workspace), but I don't think I can get used the loss of functionality
and disruption of workflow that the new Nautilus brings.

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@debian.org> /) Rime on my window           (\
//  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   //  Diamond-white roses of fire //