Re: Iceweasel as a gnome-core dependency?

Okay, now makes waaay more sense to me, thanks.

Hopefully last question: would it possible to not force Iceweasel if another gnome-www-browser is selected?

Paul

On Sat, 2012-10-13 at 00:04 +0200, Kees de Jong wrote:
On vr, 2012-10-12 at 14:55 -0700, Paul C. Bryan wrote:
> as Xfce is the default desktop environment for Debian now.

No final decision about this has been made. The media was too soon with
their conclusions. As far as I know GNOME will stay the default DE. The
700 MB installer disk is possible with the .xz compression. This
transition is already going on for a while. Iceweasel has security
support, Epiphany has none. So it's a wise decision to make Iceweasel
the default.