Re: Only one WISH: don't leave Gnome2!

Le mercredi 04 juillet 2012 à 10:17 -0600, Jeremy Nickurak a écrit :
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 8:33 AM, Stefano Salvi <stefano@salvi.mn.it>
> wrote:
>         Why have we accept such a regression?
>
> Because the developers are unwilling to support a massive code base
> with poorly implemented features that almost nobody uses, with known
> bugs that nobody wants to address.
>

> Nobody who cares enough about these features has stepped up with the
> skill required to re-architect those features in a way that's clean
> enough and reliable enough to make the maintainers of the code happy.
>

> There's a fork of Gnome 2 called "Mate", which you can install from
> here: http://mate.karapetsas.com/. The quality and reliability of that
> fork is entirely up to the people maintaining that fork.

Linux mint provide some 'mate' packaging for their 'debian edition'.
You can dig for 'linux mint debian edition' sources.list
and install 'mate' from packages. I did it, just to try, and it worked.

(Since, i've removed thoses packages and sources.list entries, as i
don't like 'mate'.)

--
Jean Schurger
http://schurger.org