Re: getting rid of the gnome-shell network-manager dependency

On 04.04.2012 16:07, Miles Bader wrote:
> Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> writes:
>>> Any idea when gnome-shell will be fixed to not depend on
>>> network-manager being installed?
>>
>> yesterday
>
> Hmm, it still wasn't fixed in my update today ... maybe it hasn't
> percolated through to the mirror I use?

network-manager (0.9.4.0-3) unstable; urgency=low

  * debian/patches/12-initialize-gerror.patch: Initialize GError, else invalid
    free() crash can occur. Fixes the crash in gnome-shell if NetworkManager
    is not running. Patch cherry-picked from upstream. (Closes: #665791)
    Thank a lot to Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho for tracking down this problem!
  * Remove explicit Build-Depends on gir1.2-glib-2.0 and gir1.2-freedesktop,
    let libgirepository1.0-dev pull those dependencies.

 -- Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org>  Tue, 03 Apr 2012 20:20:13 +0200

You still might have the old version of the library loaded.
So after upgrading to 0.9.4.0-3, you need to restart
gnome-shell.

universe are pointed away from Earth?