Default groups

Hi,

Every now and then I am revisiting the "default group" issue for my
lab's gnome desktop. I recently built a new image, and last time (a few
years ago), I found that in fact very few groups were required to be
added to each user (plugdev and fuse and pulse-rt, IIRC).
However, http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktopHowTo lists many more of
these groups: audio, plugdev, camera, video, floppy, cdrom, tape and
maybe scanner, fax, dip (for "dial-ip", ppp connections to Internet with
pon/poff as set up by pppconfig) or dialout (full serial ports/modem
access).

Has anyone knowledge of wether these groups could be useful in some
cases that I didn't foresee or couldn't test? I do not think any of
these are still useful (but I do not own a camera, and I am not sure how
one can see whether pulse-rt is useful or not). Sincerly,
--
Jean-Christophe Dubacq