Re: glade3 and gtk2

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Bastian Venthur wrote:

> thanks for your reply! Unfortunately moving away from gtk2 is not an
> option, as matplotlib does it not support yet.

Eventually gtk2 will be removed as gtk1 was, so you might want to work
on or ask matplotlib upstream about switching.

> What do you mean by saying I should use GtkBuilder? glade 3.10.2 from
> unstable still produces .glade files by default. Is there a way to
> explicitly tell it to produce something else? Or should I use a
> different tool? I'm probably missing something.

The glade xml format (and libglade) is obsoleted by the GtkBuilder
format, which is supported by GTK+ natively instead of needing the
external libglade library.

http://developer.gnome.org/gtk/stable/GtkBuilder.html

When you save the file in Glade, there is the option of using GtkBuilder.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise