Re: gnome-terminal 3.0 already in Unstable?

On Sun, 2011-06-26 at 20:41 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Am 26.06.2011 11:57, schrieb Tshepang Lekhonkhobe:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Was it a mistake that GNOME 3's gnome-terminal got uploaded to Sid?
>
> No, it wasn't a mistake. I've been gradually uploading GNOME3 packages to
> unstable for which all dependencies are there yet.

Okay, makes sense.

> > say it because a lot of the stuff is still in Experimental, and the it
> > looks out-of-place (the theme) with the rest of Sid GNOME desktop.
>
> Choose the Adwaita Theme, which should work reasonable well in GNOME2 session
> with GTK3 apps.

I checked it out and didn't like it[1], but thanks for the pointer.

[1] I much prefer Mist for it doesn't waste as much screen space as
Adwaita (or Clearlooks). Worse still is that the boundaries between UI
areas (check the title bar) isn't very clear... it's too smooth. Me
hopes someone ports Mist to GNOME 3 for me :)