Re: Distinct names for GNOME 3 packages

Am 03.11.2011 23:32, schrieb Robert Ross:
> Is it too late to request distinct names for GNOME 3 packages?

This boat has sailed, I'd say.
The only case where this was used was gdm and gdm3.
We also had this case for source package names, where we needed
co-installability, like libwnck and libwnck3.

> show time servers in version 2.30.2 but not 3.0.0 count as a
> missing feature, a feature revision (perhaps the list was
> intentionally moved elsewhere), or a regression bug?

Some of them will be bugs, some design decisions. I guess we need to
discuss this on a case by case basis.

For gnome-system-tools, even if it got a GNOME 3 port, this package has
reached EOL.

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?