Re: slow gnome session start

Hi,

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011, Matthieu Imbert wrote:
> Recently, after updating several gnome debian packages, the session
> startup time went from around 1s to around 10s (i have an ssd disk).
> How can i debug the cause of this?

Your report is a bit short on information.

Are you using wheezy or sid?

The migration to GNOME 3 has started so it's possible that you have
some unexpected mix of GNOME 2.30 and GNOME 3 resulting in little
glitches like this one.

Is your system up-to-date? I.e. have you updated all the packages that you
can with apt-get dist-upgrade?

If not, the first thing to do is to ensure you have all the latest
packages.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer