Subject: Ugly themes appearance
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 12:46:56 +0200
From: Cesare Leonardi
To: debian-gtk-gnome@lists.debian.org

Hi all.
(I'm not subscribed to the list: if you cc me it will be appreciated).

Updated Debian Sid, with no experimental packages; official kernel
2.6.39-2-486; xserver-xorg-video-intel on i855; i'm not an UI tweaker,
so my desktop is rather plain.

For some time (weeks?) the appearance of some application has degraded.
The effect is a sort of revert to a basic theme, with no effects,
gradients, no rounded corners, tabs with confused borders, strange
scrollbars, ecc. See attachment (hoping it will not get filtered by the
list).
But it's not true for all apps. For example Nautilus, Iceweasel, Icedove
and Evince are still looking good. But, on the other end, Gnome
terminal, gcalctool, gedit and Eye of Gnome, look similar to the
attached image.

I thought was the effect of some gtk3 transition or something like that,
but some days ago i've used a notebook with Debian Sid and, after a big
update, with much surprise i noted a Gnome terminal with pretty tabs,
and nice scrolbars.

I've searched on my system for recommended packages that perhaps i've
not installed, or other differences, but with no luck.

Any ideas?

Cesare.