Re: Can't smoothly type in gnome-terminal

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
>> [Argh, even though I'm the original bug reporter for #631116, I didn't
>> get any of the email followups...]
>
> No, this is because of #434257. The debbugs developers don’t want to fix

Argh...

> As mentioned in the bug log, SCIM doesn’t provide a GTK3 module.

Hmm, shouldn't the failure mode be a bit more graceful though?

E.g., simply ignoring SCIM, but correctly allowing normal input?
[Right now, it randomly eats characters, even for simple ASCII
keyboard input when SCIM input isn't active.]

Thanks,

-Miles

--
One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to
do, and always a clever thing to say.  -- Will Durant