Re: libimobiledevice : unstable upload

Hi Michael,

Le Wednesday 25 May 2011 à 08:48 +0200, Michael Biebl a écrit :
> I was wondering, when you plan to upload libimobiledevice 1.1.1-1 to
> unstable.
Initially, I planned to do it for 1.2.0 release. 1.1.X are development
releases, with an API which can change. That's why I keep it in
experimental.

However, the next release should be the 1.2.0. The only task remaining
is a refactoring of the python bindings. Probably, the C API will not
changed, but I can't be 100 % sure. And no ETA for this new release.

> Currently, gvfs 1.8 and g-d-u 3.0 are blocked because of this, so it
> would be
> nice to have the newer libimobiledevice soon.
Well, it's a problem. gvfs had a stable release with an unstable API.
However, I know, even if it's considered unstable, libimobiledevice API
doesn't change a lot. Also, Ubuntu 11.04 ship this version, and I'm not
aware of any problem of compatibility.

> Have you checked the rdeps of libimobiledevice if they are binNMUable?
> I guess we should also inform the release team, if if this looks like
> a smaller
> transition.
Not yet.

Regards,