Re: GNOME 3 and panel applets

Le lundi 14 février 2011 à 23:06 +0530, Joachim Breitner a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> thanks for the heads-up.
>
> Am Montag, den 14.02.2011, 18:17 +0100 schrieb Josselin Mouette:
> >      3. Port your applet to GTK3 and the new D-Bus API. The bindings for
> >         Python and C# will probably not work either, so you might have
> >         to start with them.
>
> do you have some pointers to migration guides or similar?

There is one for GTK+:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk3/stable/gtk-migrating-2-to-3.html

As for libpanel-applet itself, I don’t think there is any, so now may
also be the time to write one :)

AFAIK the only applets that have been ported are the ones from
gnome-applets (apart from invest which is in Python), so you might want
to have a look at what lies in their git repository. For example
gweather:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-applets/commit/?id=445b1ebba673fbc8d4943829c4607c41613cde5e

> Also, for link-monitor-applet, I need to find out whether gob2 needs to
> be updated. But it seems that GTK-3 still uses GLib-2, so this might
> work.

Yes, Glib remains compatible.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.
: :' :     “You would need to ask a lawyer if you don't know