Re: on tracker-gui

Le lundi 04 octobre 2010 à 11:02 +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe a écrit :
> Josselin once mentioned that it's preferable to have a meta-gnome2
> alternatives if the new entrant is a drop-in replacement. In the case
> of meta-gnome2 2.30+2, tracker-gui is set to be an alternative of
> gnome-search-tool, even though it's not even close to
> gnome-search-tool offers, and will be removed from Tracker in favor of
> some other supposedly superior UI. Any justification?

The justification is to provide a tool for full-text search that can
rely on tracker if it is installed. If tracker-gui is replaced later by
a better tool, I cool with the idea, but currently it’s what we have.

Do you have an alternative approach to propose?

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :