Re: Fixing the Gobject Introspection mess

Le samedi 26 septembre 2009 à 13:12 +0200, Sebastian Dröge a écrit :
> > There is no “build time” for interpreters. What do you mean exactly?
>
> Interpreters should use the typelib file and not the GIR file. The GIR
> file is meant for generating bindings (like the current Python/C++/C#
> bindings) while the typelib file is meant to be used at runtime to
> generated bindings on the fly.

OK, then I agree the .gir file should go in a separate development
package.

But that will make dependency computation more difficult, since it will
have to be done from the .typelib file. Time to dig deeper into the
libgirepository API…

> So you would always put the GIR and typelib files into a single separate
> package? Or only the typelib file? IMHO only the latter would make
> sense, the GIR file can/should be in the -dev package, and if only
> because of space savings.

Yes, agreed.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette