Nautilus scripts

Hello,

being a fan of Nautilus scripts, I wrote my program gallery-uploader
([0]) so that it can also be used as such (and I personally do use it as
such).

But then, I noticed that the only way to enable a nautilus script is, as
far as I know, to link it from ~/.gnome/nautilus-scripts . This kind of
defeated my purpose of creating something which could be useful even to
people not knowing how to use a terminal/fiddle with hidden files.

Notice that there is a utility packaged only in Ubuntu and apparently
dead upstream, nautilus-script-manager ([1]), which is an extremely
simple bash script... so still a command-line utility.

That's why I created my nautilus-scripts-manager ([2], notice the "s" in
"scripts") and I packaged it.

Now: both nautilus-script-manager and a handful of nautilus scripts also
packaged in Ubuntu follow the rule that the system-wide installed
scripts lie (or are linked) in /usr/share/nautilus-scripts . So I
followed this rule too in installing gallery-uploader, and assumed it is
followed while writing nautilus-scripts-manager - in the end, I thought
it was better to follow an arbitrary one that to arbitrarily create a
new one.

However, my (potential) sponsor for nautilus-scripts-manager expressed
some doubts about the assumption, so I'm here asking: what do you
suggest I should do?

I figured out 2 possibilities:
1) keep on using /usr/share/nautilus-scripts
2) use $PREFIX/share/nautilus-scripts , and look for
$PREFIX/share/nautilus-scripts and $PREFIX/local/share/nautilus-scripts
in nautilus-scripts-manager.

Notice that for what concerns Debian, there is almost no practical
difference between 1) and 2) (I'm not aware of any non-packaged nautilus
script configured to be installed system-wise)... but still, I'd like to
know which is the best... and to get any other enlightenment from you.

Also notice that all this applies independently from the fact that in
next release of my utility I'd like it to support also user-provided
(not only system-wise installed) scripts.

I'd also like to bring to Debian a couple of very useful scripts that
are installed in Ubuntu, such as audio-convert.

Thanks (please CC me in replies, as I'm not subscribed)

Pietro

[0]: http://packages.debian.org/gallery-uploader
[1]: http://packages.ubuntu.com/nautilus-script-manager
[2]: http://www.pietrobattiston.it/nautilus-scripts-manager/