Re: GNOME 2.26

Le jeudi 21 mai 2009 à 10:41 +0200, Michael Ott a écrit :
> > > Unless more than one person starts working on it, it is becoming clear
> > > to me that the plan is to wait for a very long time.
> What do you mean with that sentence? You are the only one in the Gnome
> team? How can I help when I am not a maintainer?

Actually that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but apart from Luca Bruno and
I, other maintainers don’t seem so eager to see GNOME 2.26 packaged.

> > Let me also add that #517768 is a blocker for large parts of GNOME 2.26
> > and that we will be able to go forth only when it is fixed.

Note that in the meantime, I have reassigned it so that it is not a
blocker anymore. It is still a blocker for squeeze, of course, but it’s
not blocking the transition anymore.

> > If you want to help, start by reproducing this (MIME cache version 1.0
> > in your home, version 1.1 in the system, using nautilus 2.26) and try to
> > understand why the 1.0 cache is not simply ignored by the xdgmime code
> > in glib2.0.
> Sorry for the stupid question. How can I find out which mime version I
> use. I do not have this problem and I use nautilus 2.26.

The home directory cache is only created when you add new MIME types at
the user level. To create a 1.0 version cache, you need the pre-GNOME
2.24 tools: shared-mime-info 0.30, nautilus 2.22 + glib < 2.17 or
nautilus 2.20 + gnome-vfs 2.22.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette