Re: GNOME 2.26

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> Le mercredi 20 mai 2009 à 12:00 +0200, Josselin Mouette a écrit :
>> Le mercredi 20 mai 2009 à 10:01 +0200, Johannes Rohr a écrit :
>> > sorry for nagging, but what is the plan for GNOME 2.26?
>>
>> Unless more than one person starts working on it, it is becoming clear
>> to me that the plan is to wait for a very long time.

So the root problem seems to be that the former GNOME team has all but
disappeared / moved to the Ubuntu camp?

> Let me also add that #517768 is a blocker for large parts of GNOME 2.26
> and that we will be able to go forth only when it is fixed.
>
> If you want to help, start by reproducing this (MIME cache version 1.0
> in your home, version 1.1 in the system, using nautilus 2.26) and try to
> understand why the 1.0 cache is not simply ignored by the xdgmime code
> in glib2.0.

Reproducing a but might be something I could try, however,
understand code certains exceeds my skills. I am trained historian and
my coding skills are limited to essential bash scripting...

Thanks, well, still, keep up the good work...

Johannes