Re: New libthai and pango

2009/4/1 Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>:
> Le mercredi 01 avril 2009 à 09:27 +0700, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan a
> écrit :
>> I have got a dirty hack: by adding symbol versioning to libdatrie0.
>> This solves the upgrading crash without breaking the current apps in
>> unstable. But I'm not sure if it's a good practice in terms of package
>> maintenance. Do you think doing so is considered ABI breakage?
>
> It is not ABI breakage, but it is useless, since this won’t fix
> libdatrie in lenny.

It's not totally useless, though. At least, it should allow the new
libthai to enter sid and squeeze without down time, whether
or not its rdepends are rebuilt with '-ldatrie' dropped in the
mean time.

Nevertheless, I'll still add versioned conflict against libdatrie0
(<< 0.1.4) on next upload. Thanks for the check.

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/