Re: New libthai and pango

Theppitak Karoonboonyanan writes:
Unfortunately this won’t work for upgrades from lenny, so I’d prefer to
see the Conflicts anyway.

You meaned partial upgrade with only libthai upgraded?
I still think the upgrade would work if pango were rebuilt with -ldatrie
removed, i.e., no more libdatrie0 should be directly loaded, except from
libthai0. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you upgrade only libthai, it will bring libdatrie1 while pango still links to libdatrie0, so both libraries will be in the namespace. However, thinking about it again, if you add symbol versions in libdatrie1, this should work. Since pango doesn't actually use any symbols from libdatrie, all required symbols will be required with a version, so the correct ones will be selected.