Re: New libthai and pango

2009/3/31 Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>:
> Le lundi 30 mars 2009 à 18:26 +0200, Loïc Minier a écrit :
>>  Could you change "Requires: datrie" to "Requires.private: datrie" in
>>  libthai.pc in unstable first?  We could then rebuild pango against
>>  this libthai.pc and drop the libdatrie dep hence avoiding the problem
>>  and the transition entirely (the binaries could migrate to testing
>>  separately).
>
> Unfortunately this won’t work for upgrades from lenny, so I’d prefer to
> see the Conflicts anyway.

You meaned partial upgrade with only libthai upgraded?
I still think the upgrade would work if pango were rebuilt with -ldatrie
removed, i.e., no more libdatrie0 should be directly loaded, except from
libthai0. Correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW, my current plan is, step by step:

1. Pango unstable be rebuilt with -ldatrie removed, to avoid possible down
time during libthai migration to unstable.

2. In experimental, try to solve the clash by adding symbol versioning
to libdatrie1. If not successful, add Conflicts on libdatrie0 to libthai0.
Meanwhile, libthai.pc in experimental is also updated like what's done
in unstable.

3. Migrate the libthai set to unstable, with binNMU coordination via the
release team.

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan