Re: Fwd: [Gnome] deskbar-applet broken, how to find out what's wrong?

Le lundi 30 mars 2009 à 15:27 +0100, Magnus Therning a écrit :
> After a recent upgrade my deskbar-applet isn't starting any longer.  The
> problem is that the only feed-back I have is a dialogue stating that
> deskbar has quitted unexpectedly and I have a choice between reloading
> or not.  Not so helpful.
>
> The obvious places don't seem to get anything written to them,
> ~/.xsession-errors and /var/log/**.  Where can I find a trace of what's
> happening when I try to add the applet?

You can launch it from a terminal.
Run /usr/lib/deskbar-applet/deskbar-applet from it right when the dialog
shows up, and immediately click on "reload" after the launch. You should
be able to debug it like a regular Python application when doing this
way.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Debian 5.0 "Lenny" has been released!
: :' :