Re: New libthai and pango

2009/3/30 Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>:

> And you wonder why we insist on symbols needing to be versioned in
> libraries. Now there is no way to enforce the package will work using
> usual dependencies.

Yes, with upstream's hat on, I realize that now, although a bit late..

> Given the small number of reverse dependencies, it might be good to add
> a conflict against libdatrie0 in the new version of libthai, to
> completely avoid this issue.

Ah, I also had that idea in mind for the next update, but didn't finalize
the thought on its appropriateness yet. Thanks for the suggestion.

> Please synchronize with the release team to get it at the right moment,
> since it implies a library transition. I’d appreciate if it could come
> after the big gnome-desktop/nautilus transition that still has to be
> done.

Could it be done along with the next pango update? That is, next
pango experimental build can link against it, and be tested before
migrating to unstable together. How is that possible?

FYI, I've tested it for a while in my jhbuild before releasing.

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/