Re: CD's not automounted in GNOME desktop

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> Le lundi 23 mars 2009 à 23:17 -0400, José Alburquerque a écrit :
>> Would anyone happen to know why a few days now my cd's are not
>> automounted in my gnome destkop?  I'm running unstable and I've been
>> upgrading regularly so I think it's happened with a recent update.
>> Sorry if it's a simple question.
>
> I’ve already seen a similar issue reported on IRC. For that user, it
> looked like gnome-volume-manager was not running, probably because it
> died somehow after login.

[...]

Wouldn't it be better in terms of identifying and eradicating bugs, if
GNOME 2.24 (and eventually 2.26) was completely uploaded to unstable?
At the moment, several components are still kept in experimental and
gnome-session is still at 2.22.

Is my understanding wrong that as of 2.24 gnome-volume-manager's
functions are incorporated into nautilus? At least Ubuntu has dropped
g-v-m.

I must confess that I am currently using Ubuntu, but I am waiting to
move back to Debian as soon as GNOME in Unstable is a bit more
complete.

Is the relatively slow update of GNOME after the lenny release due to
transitions which have to complete first or is it because most of the
GNOME team have actually deserted Debian and gone to the Ubuntu camp?

I am just a user and definitely not a hacker, so there is very little
I can to for Debian myself, but I am increasingly concerned that
Debian is loosing much of its manpower to Ubuntu. I hope my
observation is wrong. However, this mailing list here had been much
more active two-three years ago and to date it looks like Josselin is
doing almost all the work alone.

Thanks,

Johannes