Re: Configuration files location for GNOME applet

Le samedi 22 novembre 2008 à 00:27 +0100, Andrew M. a écrit :
> Hi.
> I recently developed a small GNOME applet and I wanted to share it among a
> few friends. It uses a couple of files to save settings and I was
> wondering what's the best location to store them.
> Is ~/.myapplet/ acceptable or should I use another folder?

If it’s an applet using libpanel-applet, you should really use GConf to
store the values so that the configuration can be instantiated once for
each instance of the applet.

If it’s merely an application using the notification area, you can use
~/.myapplet/ or ~/.gnome2/myapplet/, or course - but if you’re looking
for a way to store user settings, GConf is the recommended way as well.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.