Re: Making flash drive automatically appear on gnome desktop

Mikko Nurminen wrote:
I had the same symptoms and found out I was experiencing the effects
of this bug:

If this turns out to be the reason in your case too, simply removing
/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/gparted-disable-automount.fdi - file will
give you back automounting.

---
Mikko Nurminen

Thanks. There was indeed a gparted-disable-automount.fdi file in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy so it seems I too have been a victim of this bug :-). I've removed it so it should fix it for me. I can't test it now because my niece now has the flash drive I would use to test it, but I'm pretty sure this was the problem since gnome-volume-manager has always been installed and running properly in all gnome logins. I'll test later to verify and will post if any problems arise, but I think all should be well now. Thanks again.

--
José Alburquerque