Re: Debian-specific patches for the GNOME packages

Le jeudi 11 septembre 2008 à 14:14 +0200, Michael Banck a écrit :
>  * Every patch should have a pseudo-header including the patch author
>    and a patch description, as well as, if applicable, debian bug,
>    upstream bug and upstream status (submitted, applied etc.).

Sounds sane - apart from upstream status, which should be tracked by
looking directly at the bug report instead of changing the package.

>  * naming scheme for patches based on upstream/debian status; dpatch and
>    quilt can apply patches in arbitrary order so prefixing numbers is
>    not required anymore;

ISTR it was requested that we keep the numbers by the security team, so
that management is closer to other patch systems.

>    however, having one of the prefixes local,
>    submitted and svn for Debian-specific changes, submitted patches and
>    upstream applied patches (as done e.g. by the glibc package) might be
>    desirable.  If CDBS' simple-patchsys is used, a number can get
>    prefixed as well.

Makes sense as well.

--
 .''`.