Re: complaints against the GNOME team

On Sat, May 17, 2008, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> In too many places has it been declared buggy and dead upstream, that
> rarian should replace it.

 Do you have more specifics?  We don't really have a formal process to
 propose new features to Debian or Debian GNOME; we only have release
 goals and DEPs AFAIK, but this is moving.  What we currently do is that
 we rely on individuals to discuss high level features / goals, then
 implement them by requesting / doing the technical changes.

 If I were asked now to switch to rarian, I would point at the risk of
 changing to a new codebase and would ask for some proven benefits.
 Perhaps you can start building a wiki page documenting:
 - known new features (could be performance, code quality etc.)
 - known regressions
 - known bugs in scrollkeeper which are fixed in rarian

 This would help convincing people like me; if nothing comes in the way,
 you could immediately start proposing patches to prefer rarian over
 scrollkeeper.

   Bye
--
Loïc Minier