nautilus breaks down

I encounter a weired problem when using gnome desktop environment. One year ago, I installed Debian Sarge. Everything works fine. However, after running 'apt-get upgrade gnome-desktop-environment', the problem occurs. The main problem is when I right click the icon on the desktop and then choose 'properties.' The desktop would crash. However, it seemingly not really crashes, just the whole desktop would give a flash (or the desktop would  go blank for a few seconds.) Then the nautilus would pop up again. That means I can not see the Property value. What should I do in order to fix this problem? Or where can I find the log to look up the root cause?

I appreciate any suggestion.

Env: Debian Lenny/ GNOME nautilus 2.18.3/ GDM 2.18.4

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
More Ways to Keep in Touch. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html