Re: Etch -> lenny upgrade glitches: small fonts, dummy panel icons, screen blank to white

On Feb 12, 2008 1:35 PM, Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@debian.org> wrote:

[...]

> Any ideas on the funny icons or white screen blank?

With a dummy user account (one where i delete frequently all the Gnome
conf dirs), I see a couple of launchers with the default icon (a
spring loaded pad) on a freshly created gnome-panel, IIRC one should
be for Evolution and the other should be for Epiphany (i should check
to be sure) as i don't have them installed. In my case they could be
the result of of an old "scheme" file.

In your case, they could be launchers for missing (not installed)
applications or simply missing icons, but 27 means you have a quite
crowded panel.

The fading here works without your glitch, I'm using XScreensaver
instead of the Gnome screen saver, if that matters.

--
Andrea