Re: Etch -> lenny upgrade glitches: small fonts, dummy panel icons, screen blank to white

Hi Andrea,

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 11:17 +0100, Andrea Vettorello wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2008 11:04 PM, Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@debian.org> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Oh, I'm sure I can fix it myself, either by adjusting the font size or
> > using gconf as described in the followups to Amir's post last September.
> > But the point is: for myself and Amir and many others, X will get the
> > DPI setting wrong.  Is there a way we can recognize that it's happening,
> > and work around it -- say by using the old defaults -- so it's more
> > likely right the first time?
>
> Don't know the details of the version currently in testing, with the
> version in Sid i don't need to specify the screen size anymore.
> According to the Xorg Debian changelog, it's now using 96 DPI instead
> of 75 DPI as default value (the old one if i'm not wrong)...

Where does this information come from? I checked the changelog of xorg
without seeing any line on this. Can you confirm that with the new
packages 96 DPI will be used? As Adam mentioned, I'm also afraid
debian-user will receive tons of mails once Lenny is released and users
will be dissatisfied.

Regards,
Amir