Re: Addition of Alan Baghumian to pkg-gnome (alanbach-guest)

Hi,

 Welcome on pkg-gnome, Alan!

Thanks ;-)

 You can either help randomly on pkg-gnome packages by
 triaging/forwarding/diagnosing bugs, testing patches (perhaps from
 upstream), committing fixes/patches/changes in the SVN.  If unsure
 about anything, please ask.

 Or you can adopt some particular packages and act as principal
 maintainer.  The packages up for adoption are basically those with
 pkg-gnome in the Maintainer field or where the maintainer did not
 do any of the uploads in the last 6 months.

As a starting point, I suggets gtk2-engines-ubuntulooks package, it's a
nice and fast GTK engine based on ClearLooks. It also has an ITP
(#390552) already and I've an almost ready to use package.

 I'm a bit surprized to discover such a pool of GNOME packages in
 another alioth project; out of curiosity, what changes do you need
to do in these packages and how do you keep in sync?

You know, it's a bit hard and time-consuming work. These pool is for
Parsix GNU/Linux that uses Debian testing branch as base. Latest GNOME
packages are rarely available in testing branch, so we get packages
from experimental and maintain in our pool, adding debian and our oun
patches. We have a small watch system: http://watch.parsix.org

The SVN permissions will need a little time to propagate.  You can
hang on #gnome-debian on GIMPNet for coordination.

OK.

Cheers,
Alan