window list size in 2.20

Looking through the gconf schema for the window-list applet in 2.20, I
see that min and max size have been deprecated and are now ignored. This
poses a major usability problem for my setup however. I have two bottom
panels, a bottom left and bottom right. The bottom right has all of my
menus while the bottom left has my window-list. As of 2.20, as I open
more windows the window list will expand unchecked, and will eventually
displace my menu panel, causing it to jump up so it is on top of the
bottom left panel.

I had thought that if the size of the window list was deprecated maybe
it was because there was now a way to specify a max size of a panel, but
that doesn't appear to be the case. Does anyone have any ideas on what I
could do to get around this problem?

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837