Re: xdg-user-dirs defaults

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 09:46:33AM +0200, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently looking at xdg-user-dirs[0] and we should probably get
> this into Debian now that many applications and libraries (including
> glib) have support for this. There's also a gtk "extension" that will
> add the xdg-user-dirs directories to the bookmarks (of the filechooser,
> etc).
>
> The question is now, which defaults we want for the different
> directories. The defaults are given below, all relative to $HOME:
>
> DESKTOP=Desktop
> DOWNLOAD=Download
> TEMPLATES=Templates
> PUBLICSHARE=Public
> DOCUMENTS=Documents
> MUSIC=Music
> PICTURES=Pictures
> VIDEOS=Videos
>
> The names of the directories are obviously translated into the user's
> language.

Translated in the dialogs or on disk?  If the latter, wth happens when
the user changes locale?

> I would suggest to leave this values as default but maybe someone has
> better ideas :)

The defaults look pretty OK, IMHO.  Not so sure about a separate
directory for templates, I think those could go into the Documents
directory, but maybe others disagree.

Regards: David
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@debian.org> /) Rime on my window           (\
//  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   //  Diamond-white roses of fire //