Debugging symbol packages (4 questions)

More and more debug (-dbg) packages are popping up in the repositories.
Is there an effort going to to make sure _all_ packages in Debian has a
debug package?

It seems that Ubuntu has .ddeb packages while the packages I've seen in
Debian are regular .deb, but with -dbg in their names.  Will it remain
this way or will the two converge on one approach at some time?

What I've noticed so far is that most GNOME packages have a -dbg
package.  I suppose one reason for this is to make sure users submit
good bug reports to Debian and GNOME.  However, expecting regular users
to manually install debug symbols and reproduce the error is a bit too
optimistic.  Are there any plans for automating this?

Is there a remote server that shares a folder that I could mount (e.g.
using FUSE) and get all symbols without having to install all the
packages myself?

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus