Re: Ubuntu logout dialog patch in Debian [Discuss]

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007, Sebastian Heinlein wrote:
> > For the verbosity as Loic mentioned, can adding icons to the
> > buttons help?
>
> Icons would make the dialog even wider. Furthermore there are no GNOME
> or Tango suspend or hibernate icons. The ones from g-p-m won't be very
> helpful at this size (a small disk and a small memory stick with a
> could).

 I think icons would help.  Sure, it will take more space -- perhaps not
 only width -- but at least I wont be forced to read the text of all
 buttons to decide what I want, plus it will make clicking on the
 buttons easier.  You have a point that a prerequisite for such a change
 is to have decent icons, but it should only delay the implementation,
 not influence the long term goal.

 (FWIW, I don't intend to use the poweroff dialog in the short term
 anyway since the backlight isn't properly turned on with the underlying
 suspend call; I'll continue calling my own little s2ram wrapper
 manually...)
--
Loïc Minier