Re: Ubuntu logout dialog patch in Debian [Discuss]

Am Dienstag, den 26.06.2007, 07:23 +0100 schrieb Alan Baghumian:

> > So, the Ubuntu dialog is not HIG-complant. And that probably
> > explains why the upstream dialog is designed like that.
> >

> And may we ignore HIG for that single dialog as an special exception?

Thie HIG is not a religion of purity. If it makes sense to do things a
little bit different, it will be ok. But you should know arguments why
to make things differently.

But the user interface changes are really invasive. And I don't like the
idea that Debian's GNOME is different to upstream in such a prominent
issue. So perhaps you could at first ask if GNOME wants to include the
patch upstream.

Cheers,

Sebastian