Re: Starting DBus from gnome-session instead of Xsession

On Sun, 6 May 2007 13:06:20 +0200
Loïc Minier <lool+debian@via.ecp.fr> wrote:

>  I personally think it makes a lot of sense to launch DBus from
>  gnome-session;

For me it doesn't make sense. DBus aims to be more generic than just
for gnome. You didn't make really clear why it should be started from
gnome-session instead of during the X start-up. If you try to sneak in
extra information into DBus' environment, that could be annoying for
people who use an occasional gnome program, but do not use
gnome-session.

grts Tim