Re: Default Gnome theme

On Fri, May 04, 2007, Indraveni wrote:
> Thankyou for this mail. I double checked the paths
> which you mentioned about
> (var/lib/gconf/debian/defaults/%gconf...xml file and
> in everything I am able to see my modifications
> getting affected when I installed my newly created
> debian package.

 This suggests that the default value would work, probably for new
 users.

>                 But the theme is not getting replaced
> with my new theme. Even I restarted my system and
> checked. still the theme remains the same old one
> which was there before I install my package.

 Probably this user has a setting taking precedence in his GConf path,
 such as having already set the value.

 Check whether it affects a fresh new user, check each element of the
 GConf path to see where the incorrect value comes from.

--
Loïc Minier